Sunday, September 18, 2011

"Just a Note" card

This evening, I needed to get in my craft room and make something.  In some ways it seems like a lot longer than 3 weeks ago that Hurricane Irene came through our valley and left destruction in her wake.   Towns all long the Schoharie Creek were devastated!  Many homes and businesses destroyed.   It will be a long time before life is back to 'normal' here. 

I have felt like I should not do something as 'unimportant' as crafting while others have lost so much.  But this week, a friend asked me and some others if we could share some of our supplies.  She was being shown a destroyed home.  As the lady was showing her house, she burst into tears when she opened the door to her craft room.  It seems so little, but I pray it helps her even just a little to receive the things we shared. 

I know that note cards can mean so much so that's what I made tonight.   Looking for inspiration, I checked the usual challenges I do and chose a couple for this.  I followed the Tuesday Morning Sketch, but once I was done, I realized I had missed the deadline by 8 min!!  :(   So I will only put this in Fantabulous Cricut's Challenge #77... instrument or musical notes



~Quarter Note for the note and swirl on outside
~DCWV Performance stack paper
~chalked edges
~CM note die cut on inside

Thanks for looking!!!

~~~~~~~~~
Just a couple of pics...
6 feet of water in the auditorium


our beautiful piano will never play again
But God is good!  He's provided a place for us to worship and though our building was destroyed, our church is alive and well!!

9 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Debbie what an inspirational story and pictures. I love your card. Love the vintage look and the papers you chose. Thanks for joining us for the FCCB Music Challenge this week. Please come back and join us again.

Karen H said...

What a story... I just said an extra prayer for your area. Your love and kindness has a great impact and I'm glad you made some crafty time. Creative outlets help heal, reflect, recharge, and inspire. Your card is fantastic on so many levels, from the pretty papers and ribbon to the lovely layered design. And I love that you decorated the interior. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Lots of love to you, your incredible church, and community.

Hugs and blessings!
http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

Gwen said...

Debbie your card is beautiful and so is your heart. I loved how you said our building was destroyed but our church is alive and well! That says it all. God bless you and your congregation.

Nita said...

It's so good to have you back Debbie. Not only because you create such beautiful cards (like the one you've shared here), but because you have such an uplifting and positive spirit. I love that you can show us pictures of your ruined building and in the same moment praise God. Your congregation is living proof that the church is NOT a building. :) We'll continue to jeep you all in our prayers.

Nita

My Lil' Bits said...

Thanks for sharing your story....and I'm so glad you took the time to get back in the craftroom. Love your card...it's so pretty!! God Bless you and your community. Thanks so much for joining us this week at FCCB!!

Lisa

Sarah said...

Sending prayers out to you and your community! Thank you so much for creating with us at FCCB this week--I'm so glad you found some special time to create!

Marie said...

Dear Debbie, what a beautiful card. It's like the Phoenix rising out of the ashes. Sorry to hear about the devastation. It is good to see you back in your craft room. Is there someplace we in the blogosphere can sent craft supplies? I'm sure we all have extra to share. When the going get tough the tough get going! You and your congregation are definitely tough. God Bless.

Unknown said...

What a story and what a lovely card. So glad you are finding some time to be crafty, it helps, its so soothing. God bless!

Jennie Garcia said...

Wow!! Is good for you to craft now, it will help you get your mind off things. Your card is beautiful!! Love those papers!!
Thanks for Playing with us @ FCCB!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...