Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Redeemer Liveth! -Easter card

I don't have all my Valentine cards and treats ready for my family, but I made an Easter card!!    Valentine's is a wonderful day to express our love to our sweethearts, family, and friends, but Easter is when God expressed His love for us all!! 

This week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday is to use the verse Job 19:25...  "For I know that my redeemer liveth..."  This verse tells me not just that He loved me, but that His love is fulfilled!!!  I have the assurance of eternal life because Jesus died for my sins, was buried, and rose again!!

New stamps I recently got from Clear Dollar Stamps fit this  verse perfectly!!  I used the empty tomb stamp from there and computer generated the verse.  I'm putting this is their Clearly Inspired Challenge #45-use pink, green, purple, and white.

I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches #132.   Beautiful sketch, as always!!!

When I looked at Stampin' Sisters in Christ's challenge #126 this afternoon and saw that their theme was based on Job 8:21 and we are to "create a happy card - happy news- rejoicing in life" I knew this would work!  The resurrection represents the best news of all!!!





~K&Company dsp
~Clear Dollar "Jesus Paid It All" stamp
~Nesties "Doodle Parts"
~Nesties Large and Small Labels

Thanks for stopping!!!

8 comments:

Marie said...

Lovely card, Debbie. The shading behind the verse is wonderful. Love the layered image. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Melissa Craig said...

Debbie this is so lovely! I love the vintage flair. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Nita said...

Gosh, this is pretty Debbie! I love how you used the sketch, and that verse always makes me smile. :) What a super card celebrating the most awesome of days! :)
Nita
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Praise God that our redeemer liveth! Beautiful card Debbie! I love how you've paired this image with the verse!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Debbie! Your card is beautiful, and we're SO blessed to have you joining us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. We hope you will continue to join us as we use God's precious Word to make our art each week. We always have a free piece of word art scripture each week that you are welcome (but not required) to use. Thanks for joining us.
Blessings,
Karen - Social Media Coordinator
Word Art Wednesday

Cassie said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Debbie! So glad you played with the color challenge at the CIC. I would love to feature it on the CDS Facebook page:D

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi again, Debbie. I just wanted to stop by to remind you that if you come back to my blog and become a new follower, you will also be entered to win the stamp set I am giving away. If you're not interested in following me, I completely understand. I just wanted to give you the option since you worked so hard "hopping" all around. LOL Thanks again for joining us, and may God bless your week!
Karen
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Kristine said...

Ooo, this is beautiful!! Love this Easter card... and hope you got your "schtuff" done for your Valentines this week? *Ü* Thanks for making us SMILE at Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenges!!

SMILES,
Kris

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...