Saturday, April 21, 2012

Windowed sympathy card

The anniversary card I made last week was not out of 'need,' so I thought I'd make a sympathy card to have on hand for when it is needed.  Though I do hope it is not needed soon!

Just as I was heading down to my craft room to make this card, my daughter got all excited and called us all to come... 7 deer in our front yard!
(pardon the lawn... anyone know how to get rid of onion grass????)

The sentiment is the same for the inside and out... it is stamped on the inside and visible through vellum.
I adhered the paper layers to the card then cut the opening, then cut the frame.


When held normally, the sentiment shows through fine.

 Challenges...
Stampin' Sisters in Christ #135 - use something transparent
Word Art Wednesday #24 - provided word art or Scripture or inspiring quote 

~K&Co dsp
~EK Success ribbon
~Nestabilities Labels 4
~vellum
~Recollections adhesive pearls

Thanks for stopping by!!

10 comments:

Traci M said...

This is lovely with the transparent vellum showing the verse through...what a comforting card this will be. I am glad you had a deer "sighting" too...what a blessing. Thanks for joining us this week at SSiC!

Glenda Atkins said...

Lovely sympathy card and the see through use of vellum works so well, wow! Wonderful verse.

Great shot of the deer, lucky you to live in area where this is possible!

Miesje said...

What a great shot of the deer! I love the card - so pretty! I am so glad you could join us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Hope to see you again this week!

Wendy Swenne said...

Cute card.
Thanks for playing along with WAW.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Debbie: I like how you used the vellum to overlay on the verse. You always do such a nice, creative job. Thanks for joining us at Word Art Wednesday this week!
Blessings,
Karen L

Jessi Fogan said...

No wonder she got excited!! Such a cool sight! (and I don't have any hints about onion grass...I'm hoping to grow more grass than dirt for once, but I have doubts...)
Love the sympathy card - and labels 4 are my all-time favourites :)

Lisa said...

This is so elegant and beautiful, Debbie!! And what a great idea to make one ahead of time!! The window with vellum is so awesome and the ribbon is fabulous!! Just gorgeous :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jennifer said...

Beautiful card Debbie! I love how you've framed your verse from the 'outside'. Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card, love that ribbon. Great use of vellum, I always struggled with it. Have a fantastic day.

Peanut said...

This is beautiful, Debbie. Love the sentiment; just perfect for a sympathy card. I've always been intimidated by vellum... should make better use of it. Thanks for sharing this project and ... the deers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...