Thursday, October 25, 2012

Masculine note card

Masculine cards are not the easiest for me, but my husband is a pastor and I asked him awhile back if he'd like me to make some note cards for him.  Of course, he said yes, but I've been a little slow getting them done.  This is a start, at least!!!  I think I need to make them a little more postal friendly than this one, though.

My inspiration for this card came from Diane.  (Click on her name to see her card)  I liked her pairing of the Bible with this verse, so I copied!  Thanks, Diane!! :)

Challenges...
Stampin' Sisters in Christ #162 - peace (the greatest source of peace...God's Word)
Word Art Wednesday #51 - anything goes
365 Cards: Day 233 - Color Scheme
Paper Pretties PWC229 - masculine card



~Pre-colored Clear Dollar digi "Morning Devotions" (w/ computer sentiment)
~Prima Madeline DP (this is a very girly pad but these sheets worked for a masculine card)
~Cuttlebug Roman Bath embossing folder
~brads and ribbon from my stash

Thanks for stopping by!!!

11 comments:

Karen M said...

Hi Debbie, your cards are really wonderful! I have enjoyed browsing through your lovely blog and I really appreciate your comments on mine and even better for following me! I'm your new follower too! We have more in common because my husband is also a pastor! I also enjoyed your Autism Awareness card as I work in education with young people who have asperger's Syndrome and I have a niece who has autism. God bless you and your husband as you serve the Lord! Kx

Karen Letchworth said...

This is perfect, Debbie. Time spent in God's Word is always a blessing, but to sip on a good cup of coffee while you're studying it just makes life about perfect! Love this.
Hope you're having a very blessed week.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Beth said...

Debbie this is a lovely card and I think it could be used for either man or women. Beautifully done.

Tanya/Nonna said...

Beautiful, beautiful card! I love the embossing, the layer and that wonderful image and sentiment.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful Debbie, very masculine and I love the verse!
hugs
Glenda

onecraftymama said...

The mailable aspect will come - getting started is the hard part :) I love the embossing, and what a great image!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card, I love the DP and colours. I really like the texure, I might have to get this embossing folder :).

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Debbie - what a gorgeous card and such a pretty scene! Thanks for playing along at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - we love to see you! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Melissa Craig said...

So very pretty! More rich embossing - beautiful.

Peggysue Turner said...

Amen and amen, our peace comes from God alone.

Asha said...

Wonderful sentiment ... and you did it justice. Simply beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...