Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Masculine birthday - TMS #469


Happy Tuesday to you!  It's time for Tuesday Morning Sketches!  I've got a bright and fun masculine birthday card for you today.  Masculine cards are always a challenge for me.  I feel like they turn out either too dark and dull or too feminine. *shrug* I suppose this could be given to a lady, but it definitely seems masculine enough for a man.  




The truck is a colored digi from Fred, She Said.  My DP is the Paper Studio Linen Door.  The scribbled circle is Impression Obsession Scribble Circles die.  The almost hidden border is a MS punch.  My sentiment is a TH cling stamp.  The red adhesive dots are the Paper Studio.  I'm happy with how this turned out.  For once, my pic is decent, but this looks even better IRL. :)  


Challenges...
Love to Scrap #113 - anything goes
Love to Craft #26 - Sept anything goes
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Sept - must use patterned paper
Always Happy Birthday Sept - always happy birthday 


That card above was actually the second card I made... after making the one below, I decided to try again because I wasn't happy with the die I'd used for the squiggly element (see sketch below) plus I missed an element!  Also, it came out looking so dark in the pic. :/




This one was quick and easy.  I used a verse printed and waiting, scrap paper, and a bit of ribbon from my scrap box.  The cross stitch rectangles and little flower are from Cheapo Dies. 



So here's the sketch...




And our prize this week is a pack of green, blue and red glitter brush pens by Arto....




Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to go check out the creations from the TMS DT...

Carol

Jenée
Melissa
Patti


We'd love to have you play along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

love the colors, great for a guy, so cute and clean!

Patti said...

I always struggle with masculine cards also, I love the way both of your cards turned out Debbie!

Margaret said...

Both cards are great and so suitable for the men in our lives. thanks for sharing with CHN patterned paper challenge.
Margaret

Carol L said...

Both cards are great, but I'm loving that old truck! Great masculine make!

Melissa Craig said...

I love both cards. The masculine birthday card is lovely - the paper choice was perfect for the truck image. I like the other card, too. It’s a great notecard.

Janis Lewis said...

Great Birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Always Happy Birthday.

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

So beautiful birthday card! I adore your gorgeous coloring!Thank you for your lovely entry at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...