Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Sleigh Ride

Hi!  I've got a fun Christmas card to share today.  Usually, I would have most of my Christmas cards made by now, but not this year, so I'm checking out challenges for inspiration and creating.


This was fun to make!  I stamped the plaid BG using DRS Designs Woven Plaid in my MISTI with Memento Rhubarb Stalk.  My image and sentiment are from Sweet n Sassy Stamps Old-Fashioned Christmas.  I used VersaFine Onyx Black and clear embossing powder.  A bit of ribbon added the finishing touch.

Close-up of embossing

Challenges...
Sparkles Christmas #95 - embossing (image and sentiment are heat embossed and I'm applying for the DT)
Simon Says Monday - make your own background (I stamped the plaid)
Incy Wincy Nov 5-17 - Christmas
613 Ave Create #215 - anything goes w/ opt twist Christmas
Double Trouble #14 - Christmas + tic tac toe (see below--stamping/red/plaid)
Try Stampin' on Tuesday #6 - tic tac toe (stamping/red/plaid)

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!!


12 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Really love the silhouette against that nice soft flannel plaid and the addition of the black bow...striking card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Try Stamping on Tuesdays TicTacToe Board. Hope you come back to visit us again now and/or for future fun challenges at Double Trouble.

Heather said...

Love the heat embossing over the patterned paper - so dramatic and clean! Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Krafty Kaylin said...

i love the simplicity of the card. super great. thanks for joining us at TSOT!

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous design! The plaid is a wonderful backdrop, it showcases the black embossed images beautifully 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! J 😊 x

Donna Scholz said...

Great holiday card, Debbie! I've never heat embossed on top of a pattern before, so you have inspired me! It was easy to pick out your use of the stamping/red/plaid row from the Try Stampin' on Tuesday challenge. I'm glad we could be an inspiration for you as you get all your Christmas cards ready for the holidays! Thanks for joining us and come back soon to TSOT!!! -Donna

creationsnz said...

Super card, great contrast and I like the simple approach. Thanks for sharing with us at Incy Wincy Christmas challenge, CarolG

papercraftingprincess said...

I love sleigh rides in the winter...it is so peaceful. Your card is quite delightful. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

Melanie R said...


That red plaid background looks like fabric, Debbie! Great card. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble and Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a fabulous Christmas card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Melissa Craig said...

Great job! I love the plaid.

stampingvickisvisions said...

Lovely card, love the silhouette with the slay. Great job and thanks for joining us at TSOT, please come again :0)

Suze said...

I thought that plaid background was fabric until I read your post. Lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Christmas challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...