Friday, September 25, 2020

Sometimes God calms the storm...

I'm not working today, so I've got some extra time to clean my house and craft! Probably will do more of the latter. :D 

Last week, I found a Visa gift card in my wallet with some $ still on it. Yay!  I had a realization that a couple of stamps on my Sweet n Sassy Stamps wish list that had been out of stock were now back in stock, and my gift card had enough to get them.  :)   (I'm going to need to find a few hundred dollars worth of gift cards to get all my wish list items! LOL)

Here's a card I made with one of them.  (I'll use the other soon and share it, too.)

Maybe you need this reminder right now, so I pray this card a blessing to you. It's going in the mail today to some friends going through a rough time, and I want it to encourage them.   


My sentiment is "Calms His Child" from sweet n Sassy Stamps.  My paper was from my scrap box.  It is one piece that changes color.  I embossed the top with Sizzix Cloudy Day and the bottom with CB Distressed Stripes.  My border is MFT Die-namics Stitched Ric Rac.  I used Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics, Spellbinders Classic Squares, and Spellbinders Pierced Squares.  I can't remember which one it is, but one of the squares was just slightly smaller giving the this black border on the sentiment which I think really sets it off. This was all adhered to a black card.  (I almost always use black for my foundational layer on a white card, but I'm really loving the look of the black card base.  

I am entering this into a few challenges...

Cuttlebug Mania 9/15 - anything goes

Aud Sentiments #260 - anything goes + sentiment

Word Art Wednesday #458-459 - anything goes family friendly w/ uplifting sentiment

Crafty Sentiments Designs 9/22 - anything goes

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day! 

4 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful sentiment. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Teresa Arsenault said...

Beautiful sentiment and lovely card. I love the textured background. hugs, Teresa
My blog has a new home: www.tntartspirations.blogspot.com I hope you can visit.

Patti said...

I love that saying so much Debbie and this card is perfect!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Debbie:
What a lovely card and awesome sentiment. It's always a treat to have you play along and share your talents with us. I do hope you are doing well, and I thank you for joining us.
God bless you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...