Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Shimmery poinsettia - TMS #580

 Happy Tuesday to you!  It's time for Tuesday Morning Sketches!  I'm making Christmas cards every chance I get, and this is no exception.  (I've had more time this past week since we had to quarantine when my husband tested positive for Covid. He's on the mend, but had a pretty rough week!)  

When I chose this paper, I thought it was more iridescent and less purple. (I do not like purple!)  But this is actually very beautiful in real life!  My paper is Canson Effects.  The poinsettia is Darice Poinsettia.  The sentiment is Pink & Main Merry Christmas.  

In this close up and you can see the shimmer.  

I had actually made the card in this next pic first but was not happy with it. I didn't cut enough layers of the flower and though not bad IRL, it's nothing special.  I forgot to take a close up of this.  The gold paper has the same shimmer as the above paper.  


Here's our sketch... 



Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to go check out the creations from the TMS DT... 

Debi  


We'd love to have you play along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

6 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Debbie, thanks for that sweet comment you left on my blog and I love both of your cards here. Even the black one which for me is not at all a Christmas color, yet this looks nice. There's enough layers, just more is better ha! I also like your giganta snowflake in prior post. I have 1 or 2 Sizzix XL dies of snowflakes that look like that and ought to pull them down and play. Thanks for the inspiration! XOX

Margreet said...

Beautiful poinsettia and yes I like the first one most.
Hope your husband is getting better.
xxx Margreet

Patti said...

I actually love them both Debbie!! Hope you stay well and your hubby gets completely over it ASAP!!

Freubelmina said...

I love poinsettia’s and you’ve made pretty one...I love them all!!
I hope you’re husband is get wel quickly brrr.
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog Debbie xx

Debi said...

Pretty cards, Debbie. Your paper looks more silver than purple. I like the black, but I might add a touch of red somewhere. Very lovely cards! Hugs, Debi

Melissa Craig said...

Glad to hear your husband is improving.

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Purple is my favorite color so I immediately loved it! I bet it's stunning in real life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...