Friday, August 12, 2011

"fishy" note card

I love to do challenges and do as many as I can.  If I don't do a challenge, it is because I don't have time.  With some of them, I know immediately what to do for it.  For others, I have to think awhile.  I trying to say that when I don't do one of my 'normal' challenges, it is not because I don't want to do it.  All that, to say this... when I read that Opus Gluei wants no words...  ??!!???  I was speechless!  Really???  How am I supposed to make a card without a sentiment?????

Well, I did it!!  I went looking through my digital stamps and this colored fish digi from Doodle Pantry just jumped out at me because it perfectly matched the colors of DCWV Tahiti Beach stack that I've been using.  The lashes and lips make her look like a girl, so I figured flowers are ok.  My circle and scalloped punches, ribbon, a little bling and we are in business!


So what do you think?   All it needs is a sentiment, right?  Just kidding!!! ;-)

Thanks for looking!!!

3 comments:

Deena said...

this is great...love that paper and the fish is so fun...I had a hard time with this challenge too...a card feels like it is missing something when there is no sentiment on the front, but yours is great! Thanks for joining in at the Opus Gluei this week!

Deena

Gini said...

You made a fabulous job of a card without words Debbie!
The way you've used the ribbon and the circles really give the feeling of the sea :-)
Thank you for joining us at Opus Gluei.
Gini
xx

Rosemary said...

I think you did a great job, and I understand that this was probably a little more challenging than usual (I was stumped for a bit on what to make that wouldn't call for a sentiment stamp or SOMETHING). Your card has all the right things - color, bling, and flowers! I love that Tahiti stack too! Thanks for taking on the challenge beautifully - even if you were apprehensive!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...