Saturday, December 17, 2011

Popcorn balls and embroidered ornaments

I wanted a special treat for my Junior Church kids tomorrow and had seen this recipe a few weeks ago, so I made these Marshmallow Popcorn Balls from allrecipes.com.  I did as some reviewers suggested and added 1/2 c brown sugar to get more of a caramel corn taste.  I didn't have much left to taste after making them, but what I had was good.  Quite sweet, but that's fine with me! ;)

They took about 1/2 hour from start to finish which is another plus since I started them at 10:30 tonight because I was embroidering much of the afternoon and evening making ornaments for the kids, too.

These are made with Mylar and the designs are from Charming Station.  They stitch up so quickly and are so cute!  I added a back layer joined with a satin stitch and added the ribbon so they can hang them on their tree.  The round ones are left overs from what I made last year.   They came from Embroidery Library.

Thanks for looking!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You sure have been busy making such yummy things!Those little snowmen are fantastic!

sallysbitz2 said...

Your popcorn looks yummy & those decorations are cute x

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Spyder said...

I love these little snowmen, they are so cute and 'sew' nicely made!

I just had to be #100..!
"Merry Christmas!!"

(Lyn)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...