Monday, February 20, 2012

Anniversary card

This is the card I made this weekend for my parents anniversary... I am late... I just totally missed it... they have been married for 52 yrs!!!   It is basic and says "happy anniversary" on the inside and leaves room for me to write a note.

After this post, I'll be absent for a few days.  There was a death in my family this weekend, and we will be taking off tomorrow for NB to be with family and for the funeral later this week.  





Challenges...
Cricut Cardz Challenge #102 - "a stitch in time" (real or faux stitching)
iSpy Sketches ISSC03 - sketch
Card Crafter's Circle Challenge #10 - "to die for" (use die cuts)
Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge - "wedding bells are ringing" (wedding or anniversary)

~Fancy Pants "it's the little things" dsp
~grosgrain ribbon and tiny brads from my stash
~Fiskars sentiment stamp
~Fiskars scallop punch
~oval from George and Basic Shapes
~faux stitching - Cutterbee bug to pierce and black gel pen

Thanks for stopping!!!

17 comments:

Melissa said...

Very nicely done, and clean cut! Thanks so much for joining CCC!

Anne-Marie said...

Oh, Debbie, I'm so sorry for your loss, and hope all goes well for the funeral.
Your anniversary card is so pretty and elegant, and I'm sure your parents will love it, late or not. Thank you for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle....good luck!

Jennifer said...

My prayers are with you as you go to the funeral. I'm sorry for your loss!
This is a beautiful card for an anniversary! I love how the banner pieces fall from the ribbon! The sentiment is so beautiful,and the simple top really highlights it! Thanks for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle! I love to see my friends there!

mum of two said...

I'm sorry for you and your family, and hope you have safe travels. You card is elegant and the stitching is fab! Thanks for playing with us at Cricut Cardz Challenge at Cardz TV :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Susan Hogan said...

Simple card with great punch! My sympathy to you and your family as you travel through this event.

Vickie Z said...

Thanks Debbie for stopping by my blog and going to so much trouble!! Kudos to your parents!!! Lovely card!!!

Gwen said...

Very pretty card Debbie. Sorry to hear about your loss, travel safely.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great card! Thanks for joining in with ISpy~

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very pretty, love the stitching!! Thanks for joining us for the Simply Sunday Challenge.
Kristan
Getting Cricky Jr. DTM

Cheri said...

I am sorry for your loss. Thanks so much for sharing this card with us at Getting Cricky.

Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

Trish and Treasure said...

Hi Debbie,
I'm sorry for your loss of a family member.Sending my sympathy and a hug to you!
Trish

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Debbie. My prayers are with you and your family. Your card for your parents is so beautiful! I love the stitching and banners! Thanks so much for linking up with our Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Getting Cricky DTM

Kim Teasdale said...

Your parents will love your beautiful card and Congratulations to them on their anniversary! So sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at iSpy Sketches :D

Sugarlips said...

This is beautiful. Congrats to your parents for making it 52 years. Please accept my condolences on your loss.

Thanks for joining us in the Simply Sunday Challenge.

Jessie

Nicole said...

Beautiful card! I love the patterned paper and the stitching. Happy Anniversary to your parents! Also, I'm very sorry for your loss. Hugs.

Notes by Nina said...

So sorry for your loss Debbie.
This card is beautiful, your parents will love it.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This is a lovely card. I see you have turned your ribbon into a banner! I really like the stitching and the dp. Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog.
I'm very sorry for your loss.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...