Friday, April 13, 2012

"Save the earth..." tile

Earth Day is later this month and some challenges are using that as the prompt.  Before I show my project, I have something to say.  I truly believe we do need to take care of the wonderful creation that God has intrusted to us.  Just a little op ed here.  And since it's my blog, I can do it! :)

It just breaks my heart how this is all out of focus.  Thousands of unborn babies are killed every day, animal abuse gains more attention than child/spousal abuse, and killing an endangered species sometimes carries a greater penalty than murder.  Our priorities are messed up!!    
I believe in the sanctity of life!!  God knew me before He formed me in the belly. (Jer. 1:5)  I believe we are responsible to take care of the earth!!  We are to "dress it and keep it" (Gen. 2:15) and "a righteous man regardeth the life of his beast" (Prov. 12"10) so we must care for our world!  

With that said, yes, we do need to care for our earth, but I went in a fun direction about it....






Challenge...
Krafty Girls #5 - Project Earth

~8x12 tile from Lowe's
~I did recycle - I used some vinyl scraps
~Jubilee, Plantin Schoolbook for lettering
~Stand and Salute for world

Thanks for stopping by!! 

8 comments:

Arcy Scraps said...

This is such a fun project! Another reason to save Earth ;)
Glad you joined us at Krafty Girls!
♥ Cyndy

Anonymous said...

Awesome project!

Ty for playing along with us at Krafty girls!

ScrappyRae10 said...

LOL So very true! Love it! Thanks for playing along with Krafty Girls! www.scrappyrae10.blogspot.com

Jessi Fogan said...

Sometimes people listen to funny better than they do to the serious,heartfelt beliefs. Go figure! I think your tile is sweet :)

Unknown said...

THIS IS GREAT!!! That title is TOO funny!!! But, its the truth I would think :D

Thanks for playing along with the Krafty Girls!

Crafty Hugs,
Jessica
www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

Glenda Atkins said...

The tile is just too cute and true -lol. I beleive people should lighten up and have more humour about things. Somehow thru the years our priorties got mixed up and turned upside down, rather sad!

Notes by Nina said...

Love your project, and the sentiment is so fantastic.

Jennifer said...

Haha, I LOVE your saying. It's so true! Thank for stopping by Krafty Girls and participating in our challenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...