Saturday, December 8, 2012

Oldies but Goodies - Doodle Pantry Blog Hop


Welcome to Doodle Pantry's Blog Hop!!  
We are featuring some "oldies but goodies"!!  

Vintage and retro are in!!  I'm okay with that, but doesn't it make you feel old when you see something you had just a few years ago and it is now retro or vintage??!!  I remember my grandmother laughing at folks getting so excited about antiques... she wondered why they were so eager to buy the "old things" that she had been so happy to get rid of!    Some of the showcased images are vintage style but all are older stamps that we want to take another look at!!

*Laurie has put the featured images 
(and a few more)
in the Digi Grab Bag for 25% off*


You have today and until tomorrow night, Dec 9, at midnight EST, to visit and comment on our blogs.  One DT's  blog will be chosen randomly and a commenter will be chosen randomly to receive a $20 gift coupon to Doodle Pantry!!  

**Be sure to visit Doodle Pantry for 
the 35% off Sale going on until Jan 3** 

If you arrived from Ellen's blog, you are on track.  If not, you can start at the Doodle Pantry Challenge Blog or use my list below to see all the wonderful creations by our talented team!!

I used MS and Spectrum Noir markers, cut my image with Spellbinders Labels Four, embossed the white with D'vine Swirls, inked the edges, and added a bow.

My images are from Vintage Place SettingA table set for Christmas with china and silver is sooooo beautiful!!  I love to use my Royal Albert Tranquillity china that has a gold edge like this plus some tiny flowers, so this set just called to me!  :) 

Can you relate??  Saw this on FB and it is so true!!
 
Your next stop is Georgia's blog.  Here's the entire list if you need it...

(Doodle Pantry Blog)




Donna  


Debbie - you're here!  


Linda  



  
 Thank you for joining our hop!!!  

28 comments:

ike said...

Oh my ! How fabulously elegant this card is. Absolutely gorgeous :-) x

Crafting Vicky said...

This is really awesome! What a great card for all people that we get to visit over at Christmas time.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Funny cartoon on bottom and yes... so true! I've never noticed this image until you brought it to like. Wow....it's so pretty and elegant. Thank you for the inspiration for this image.

NanaConnie said...

Very elegant, Debbie! That's one of my favorite sets from Doodle Pantry. Love the cartoon from FB. LOL

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a fabulous thank you card! Beautiful work.

Patty said...

Wow,wow,wow!! What an elegant card!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Beautiful table setting. I love the colors and the embossed "tablecloth" behind the place setting. What a spectacular idea!
Hugs,
Georgia

Lisa said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Debbie!! I love how you colored the place setting...it looks perfect!! Absolutely stunning!! Happy Saturday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Linda Anderson said...

Wow, how stunning Debbie! And I love your facebook card, too funny.

Linda

Donna said...

Very elegant and sophisticated!

Glittered Paws said...

How stunning - looks like you are ready for a special dinner. I am so glad to see this made up - may have to get this one.

Linda W. said...

Absolutely breathtaking - beautiful work. You also used one of my favorite decorative folders!!!

Debi said...

Great Thank You card. I really like the way you added just a touch of color on the edge of your embossing. The snow drops card a couple posts down is done the same way and is just beautiful.

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Wow this is really cool. I would never have guessed how to really use this set of images but you sure made it look spectacular. Great for a party card. Or an invitation to a party. thanks for sharing.
Linda.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my...what an elegant card! Love the embossing and those gorgeous images - truly gorgeous!

KristiDaroci said...

Very elegant! Change the wording a bit and it would be an excellent dinner party invitation!

Glenda Atkins said...

Debbie you have aced using this elegant image. I never seem to know what to do with it and you have made it look so wonderful! wow...

Anonymous said...

What an elegant card. I love the black and white!
Evelyn

nancyparker55 said...

Love this style...great card.

Unknown said...

WOW Debbie! Your card is so elegant.Perfect thank you card after a special dinner.

Unknown said...

WOW Debbie! Your card is so elegant.Perfect thank you card after a special dinner.

Donna said...

Great card, Debbie! Love the way you positioned the sentiment over the plate. Fun idea!

Jessi Fogan said...

Now that's a beautiful card! And the funny reminds me of my mom's table settings - not her taking the photo, but her guests :)

Melissa Craig said...

What a stunning card. I wish I could create such a pretty table.

Amy Johnson said...

Such an elegant and beautiful card!

Karen Letchworth said...

I'd love to learn how to add the "You Might Also Like" feature to the bottom of each post where you can link projects that are similar or related. I am such a beginner blogger...LOL
So nice to see your pretty art!
Karen

Kate said...

Your card is so elegant, Debbie! What a gorgeous look - and such a fun idea to create a place setting too!

Elizabeth Hart said...

What a truly elegant place setting!!Just lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...