Monday, December 10, 2012

Sympathy, new life, and Christmas trees


A little bit of everything in this post...

I printed some digis a couple of weeks ago and used one of them this weekend.  This is a sympathy card using a verse from Daydream Designs.  I'm submitting this card to Word Art Wednesday #57 - giving/anything goes.


This  verse is from the Design Team Scripture Set 1



Now on to "new life"!  My niece had a baby boy in October and I put vinyl on a onesie for him...
My kids want sweatshirts that say the same thing! :)

And finally, Christmas!  We had our ladies Christmas party at church this past weekend.  I was sick most of last week so many things I had procrastinated too long to get done planned to do, I did not get done.  :/  I did manage a few paper trees for the tables that turned out ok.   I found these on Pinterest though I had to search and search for the post!  So then I pinned the actual post.  Click here to see the Pin.  Pardon me while I rant a little... Link to the POST not just the BLOG, people!! 

I'm entering my trees in Decorate to Celebrate's challenge #39 - holiday choice
Couldn't find red doilies, so used Valentine leftovers!
Cut stars on my Cricut and adhered with a toothpick
I also made the favors.  I saw and loved this one that Melissa had made, so went looking for instructions and made them using K&Co Mod Holiday double-sided DP cut to 6x6.

I forgot to take pics of the other side... it had another piece of chocolate and a tag wishing them a Merry Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

11 comments:

Kate said...

What wonderful projects!! The card is gorgeous and so comforting for those who have experienced a loss. What a lovely verse! And the onesie is so fun! You definitely should make some for your kids!! Those trees and favours are super too - and such a perfect way to dress up the tables.

Sorry you were under the weather and pray you've been fully restored to good health now!

Lisa said...

Everything is gorgeous, Debbie!! The sympathy card is so elegant and the sentiment is beautiful!! The onesie is fabulous...love it!! And your trees and favors are so awesome!! You should definitely link them up at Decorate to Celebrate (http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/) Have a great week :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karen Letchworth said...

Great projects, Debbie. You're one busy girl, and please know that I'm praying for you and your family. I appreciate your servant's heart, and am SO grateful that you were able to share with us this week. We just might hit that 100 mark and be able to give away that JustRite stamp set! Thanks for blessing us, and come back soon!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful projects Debbie, that onsie is precious.

xxxtglxxx said...

Such wonderful creativity on your blog Debbie! :)

Gorgeous work!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Diane Noble said...

Debbie, you've been one busy girl in spite of your sickness. Hope you are all better. Wonderful projects...each and every one of them. I know the church gathering was so much fun and I would have love to hear the ooohs and ahhhhs over your creations.

Sherrie K. said...

What a gorgeous sympathy card Debbie! your projects are just wonderful and so inspiring! Great job my friend!
Have a great evening!
Thanks for joining us at Decorate to Celebrate!
DTC_Guest Designer
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Jessi Fogan said...

What a lovely sympathy card - such perfect details :) And I love that onesie! And those trees - too sweet! The favours - for waiting for the last minute you beyond rocked it :)

Aim said...

AWESOME!! I know I'm here for the trees :) but your card and onesie are GREAT too!! :) I love how you did the trees and treats... I have seen paper trees, but I really like how tall and narrow yours are!!

Thanks so much for offering such wonderful inspiration for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog! A new challenge starts TODAY!! Hope we'll see more from ya!! :)

BIG HUGS,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
and Decorate To Celebrate!

Peanut said...

Great projects, Debbie. Oh how I envy your patience...
That onesie is simply adorable. Too cute!

Glenda Atkins said...

The onesie is totally wonderful,love that sentiment!! Crazy about your trees too, well done on them all!
hugs
Glenda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...