Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Joy to the World the Lord is Come!


Hi!  I have a card to show you, but first, let me tell you that I have discovered the greatest thing EVER!!!   I love dies.  I love fancy dies.  I don't often use my fancy dies (and have hesitated to buy more delicate dies) because it is so frustrating to have the die not cut cleanly and/or rip coming out of the die.  This thing makes all the difference in the world!!  It's a simple metal shim for my die cutting machine.  That's it!  Look at it... nothing fancy, but it has amazing power! :D  


This Find It Trading Holly Jolly Music die is probably my favorite, but it was so hard to get a nice clean perfect cut.



Not anymore!  I don't even know where I first saw/heard about shims for a Cuttlebug, but after doing some looking, I ordered one from eBay and am loving it!!!  (I'm not getting any compensation for this or trying to sell you anything.  I just know how frustrated I would get and would love to be able to save other from that!)  It used to take me forever to get one nice die cut like this.



There are several brands of shims, but I got this CottageCutz one...


Finally, here is the card I made with this die cut...


 In fact, it came together so easily and nicely, that I made 5 more! :)



My paper is Dovecraft Winter Blooms.  I cut the panels with CottageCutz Stitched Rectangles.   This wonderful die is Find It Trading Holly Jolly Music.  My sentiment is My Craft Spot Jot to the World.  I stamped it with Versafine Onyx ink then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  The ribbon is Offray organza ribbon from my stash. 


Challenges...
Word Art Wednesday #300-301 - anything goes w/ uplifting sentiment
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas #351 - anything goes Christmas
Craft-Dee BowZ Sept - anything goes w/ handmade bow
The Merry Christmas Challenge #35 - anything goes
The Holly and Ivy Christmas #15 - anything Christmas goes
A snowflake promise #44 - anything goes
Inkspirational #143 - photo (I was inspired by the musical background paper)


Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!!!

7 comments:

Caren B said...

Love that die, great card!

Janis Lewis said...

Amazing cards. Thanks for sharing at The Merry Christmas Challenge.
Janis, Owner/DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at TMCC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Barbara Bruder said...

WOW what a great card. Love the words of the song that you have used with the die cut music notes. A perfect fit. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful card Debbie! I know, it's super frustrating when your dies don't cut completely. I have 2 shims and I always forget to use them.

Janice M said...

Oh Debbie what a beautiful set of cards??! LOVE that die!

Shona Hamill said...

Fantastic cards! Thank you for sharing with us at the Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge. Shona x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...