Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Hello - TMS #556

Happy Tuesday to you!  It's time for Tuesday Morning Sketches!  This week, I've got another simple greeting card.  



I found the box with my embossing folders, so I have texture rather than patterned paper.  This is Darice Crinkle.  The sentiment (Die-versions Curly Word Hello) was already cut in another box.  The baker's twine and adhesive dots are from my stash.  I had a gift card, so I just got the flower... Sunny Stamps Hawaiian Hibiscus stamp and die set stamped using Hampton Arts shades of pink.  I LOVE IT!!  I love hibiscus and have been wanting a stamp like this for awhile, and I really like this one because it was not too hard to get right.  I have a couple of other layering stamps that are almost impossible to layer correctly. :/

I'm not sure how the card looks on your device because while it looks great on my iPhone, it looks dull on my laptop.  I can assure you it is soooo pretty IRL!!! 

Side note... several years ago, I had a hibiscus plant that was absolutely gorgeous!  My cats didn't even try to eat it like they had all other plants.  I enjoyed it until one day, one of them  knocked it over and it broke.  I mean it broke!  Completely sheered off at the root!  Grrrrr!   So now I just create my own. :)   

Here'e our sketch... can't wait to see how you all interpret this one!!



Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to go check out the creations from the TMS DT...


Andrea
Debi
Hetty
Kitty
Lisa Lynn
Margreet
Melissa
Patti
Tammy


We'd love to have you play along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!



10 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful card, Debbie! I adore an embossed white background, and your flower is gorgeous. I have a huge hibiscus tree that's this same colour. I've had it for over 30 years so I would be crushed if that happened!

Donna Scholz said...

Debbie - your card is GORGEOUS! I always love hibiscus flowers, but your embossed background REALLY set it off!!! I have that same folder and all I ever thought of was crinkled leather or cracked ice - you've widened my scope of possibilities! Thank you!!! -Donna

Lisa Lynn said...

You card is beautiful with the embossing and gorgeous flower.

Tammy L said...

This is pretty Debbie..I love the embossed background that you used with your image!

Notes by Nina said...

Love the embossed background and gorgeous flower, beautiful card Debbie.

Debi said...

Love you hibiscus and the embossing folder you used. Pretty card.

Donna said...

Love that textured background! Your image is gorgeous! Great take on the sketch!

Andrea W said...

That hibiscus flower is beautiful and I love your embossed background. A very pretty card!

Patti said...

I thought the same thing Debbie as you said when I saw your card!! “Great minds think alike!” Haha! I love yours!!

Melissa Craig said...

So beautiful! So glad you found your embossing folders, too. That's just one more item to get you settled into your new home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...