Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Just a note


*Click HERE or scroll down for my Tuesday Morning Sketches post*

I intended to post this last night, but got watching the 1983 mini series of "Jane Eyre" with my girls and time got away from me.  (Timothy Dalton is amazing as Mr Rochester, IMHO!)   Are we the only ones, or do you start speaking "properly" after watching something like that?  For example, my daughter was telling us how someone had been "ill treated."

For this card, I tried a new technique for me.  I LOVE embossing, and I dry emboss on almost every project I make!  But this has a little more... it is inking and double embossing... I inked the 'flat' side of the embossing folder with the lighter ink and embossed.  Then inked the raised side with the darker ink and embossed again.  I love the effect, but do you all see my error????  Grrr!!  Next time, I'll use swirls or flowers instead!  Just hold your computer in front of a mirror and it will be right. LOL  You won't be able to read the sentiment, but oh well!  Live and learn! 


Supplies...
~Paper Studio Music Notes embossing folder
~Tim Holtz 'tea dye' and 'vintage photo' distress inks
~TPC Studios clear sentiment
~ribbon scrap

Challenges...
Paper Pretties PWC 242 - new technique
Twisted Tuesday 2TC42 - anything goes
Paper Playtime Ch#2 - use brown

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

9 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

I would never have noticed if you hadn't said! I love the colours - and the technique looks like fun (and perfect for your collection of folders!)
About the 'speaking properly,' my kids like to watch British shows, so they often say little things like 'he's mad' or 'trousers' that you just don't hear often.

Sherrie K. said...

The inking and embossing looks amazing! Great job- thanks for sharing! Love it!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

crafty-stamper said...

Fantastic card love the embossing and the inking great effect and I too would not have noticed (took a bit of studying anyway lol)thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday
Carol DT x

Lisa said...

It looks fabulous!! I love the technique you used!! I'll have to add that to my must-try list!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Laura said...

I would not have even noticed! Too funny! It is a beautiful effect though! I'm going to have to try this out!

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous technique Debbie and what a beautiful result, will have to give it a go. Wished I had that wonderful embossing folder of yours:O)

Teresa Arsenault said...

Pretty and clever design.

Gale said...

Fabulous card Debbie. I love this technique and will have to give it a try. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card, what a great technique. I love this embossing folder, looks like my stack is going to get a little taller:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...