Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Teddy bear Valentine



*My Tuesday Morning Sketches post is HERE*

I did something I have not done in quite awhile!  I used an image from a Cricut cartridge for the main focus of my card!  I use my Expression a lot for a variety of things, but most of the time I use MTC or just use a cart for a little heart, star, corner, etc.   I use digis for most of my projects, so my cartridges have begun to collect dust! :/  After Thanksgiving, I bought my first set of Peachy Keen stamps but had never used them!!  It was time!!  So I went searching for something or someone that needed a face and here is what I came up with... a Valentine for my son. 


I meant to give him more of a real bear nose, but forgot!
 I used just the shadow and base of the bear from CAC.  (Trimmed off the skirt since this is for a boy!)
I remembered to take a pic of the inside!!

Recipe...
~Create a Critter bear cut at 3"
~Policeman's tie from EDPD
~Peachy Keen Everyday Character Face Assortment
~AC "jolly" DP
~My Pink Stamper "Simply Sweet Occasions" sentiment and hearts
~Memento  Rhubarb ink
~Recollections border punch
~Spellbinders Circles
~Craft Essentials heart brads
~white gel pen

Challenges...
Peachy Keen Challenge 13-5 - photo inspiration (I used the colors)
Paper Playtime Ch #3 - border punches
Cricut Cardz Challenge #124 - "Be My Valentine" round or square card
Cards for men: challenge 3 - "All my love"
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday #147 - "Queen of Hearts"
Terrific Tuesday Challenge - Valentine's Day
{PIN}spirational Challenge #43 - photo inspiration (I took the "love") 
Wags 'n Whiskers #96 - sketch 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!

23 comments:

Laura said...

This is ADORABLE! Those Peachy Keen faces are so cute, and it added so much character to this cut out!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Sweeet! Love that cute little teddy with his tie and adorable face! What a fun layout too - love the great papers you used!

Lorie said...

Super cute card, Debbie! I posted your comment on the challenge blog, and wanted to welcome you to your first challenge with us! We're thrilled to have you join the fun for our Peachy Keen Challenge and we look forward to seeing your future creations! Thanks for playing along with us!
~Lorie

Jayne said...

Cute card and love ted's face! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB this week.
Jayne x

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely adorable, Debbie!! The bear is so sweet...love his PK face!! The design is fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Playtime and have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Paper Playtime DT

Cassandra said...

So cute! Love how you used the colors and his little tie is just perfect! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

Lezlye said...

Cute!1 Thanks for joining us at scrappy moms stamps!

TheTulipCollector said...

This is so cute. I love the little tie. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

scrappy critters said...

Oh gosh.. cutest little bear ever! Thanks so much for joining us!
♥Tammy

Missy said...

Great card, cute little bear! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

Jennipher said...

Oh gosh this is adorable! Sadly I know what you mean about the cartridges collecting dust since I got into digis. But, I'm slowly finding a way to incorporate them into my digital projects.

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your image and your papers. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Cindy Beland said...

This card is sooo CUTE!GREAT job with all the details and I LOVE your sweet little bear,Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

Deanne Saunders said...

Ohhhh your card is so cute!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}SPIRATIONAL Challenge blog! Hope to see you again!!
~DEANNE~

Amy Johnson said...

Oh how cute! You should see all my unused, never opened Cricut Cartridge Collection. It's terrible! I just don't like using the machine. It's so much work to me to look through all the little books and cartridges, put the cartridge in, figure out what size you want, the blade depth, the speed. Gag! Not for me at all. But I've since committed to NOT buying one more single cartridge. It was nice to have for my daughter's wedding when I had to mass produce things, but I've never really used it much since.

Daisylove Creations said...

Super cute teddy bear, love the papers you used!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at FCCB!
Diana
daisylovecreations.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

Love his red tie. I think he's perfect without the nose!

Glenda Atkins said...

I really like all of the layering and mix of papers ! The bear with the tie is so cute, too!

Susan said...

Adorable little bear! Sweet and cute card!

Tammy said...

Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for joining us this week at {Pin}spirational Challenges!

Kate said...

This is so CUTE!! I love the little tie that you added to your sweet little bear. I'm sure your son will be delighted with his card! Good for you "dusting" while crafting!!

Lisa Jane said...

whata cutie! -thanks for joining us at cards for men this fortnight
Lisa x

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So stinkin' cute! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

- Mel

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...