Monday, November 18, 2013

Harvest lunch bag centerpieces


On Saturday evening, we just had our Harvest Dinner at our church.  I was in charge of the decorations.   We did have some cornstalks, hay bales, and mums in the corner, but the main focus was on the tables.  Our tables are not very wide and there was going to be some food on them, so whatever I make has to take up pretty small spaces.  After searching and trying a few things I did not like, I came up with "bag vases."   I didn't get very good pics of the final product, but they worked will with the brown table runner, our orange chairs [ yuck!!  :-P ], and a fall theme.


K & Co fall paper was cut down to 8 1/2" x 11" so I could print verses on it.  I then used Spellbinders Labels Eight to cut them out, inked the edges, and mounted on larger labels.


I embossed the bottom part of the lunch bags...





I then opened it and placed 2 more bags inside to give it more stability to stand, inked the edges, and folded the top down...





I forgot a pic, but inside the bag, I glued down a chunk of Styrofoam  and added a few glass beads for weight. I glued 2 verse panels back to back with a wooden skewer in between, joined the skewer to a leaf bunch (dollar store!!!), added a bit of raffia (hard to see), poked it into the Styrofoam, then tied 2 lengths of twine to cinch the bag a bit.





Here's the final product again...


Challenges...
Decorate to Celebrate #64 - Thanksgiving and Fall

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!

12 comments:

Marie said...

You are so very creative, Debbie. Great fall center pieces. Love the embossed bag.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Lovely! The embossing looks wonderful - I would have never thought of that. Beautiful centerpieces and they look totally coordinated with those stunning orange chairs...lol!

Lisa said...

These are absolutely gorgeous, Debbie!! They are so creative!! The embossing on the bags is fabulous!! They are beautiful centerpieces!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kristie W. said...

What a great idea and execution of your idea. I really like the embossing on the bag.

Rhonda Emery said...

this is so pretty and cool idea thank you for joining challenge at dtc. hugs

Norma said...

WOW! such a lovely decoration and I love that you embossing the bag for some added texture!! Thank you for playing along with us over at Decorate to Celebrate Challenge.
Hugs,
Norma

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is really sweet. I love that you showed us, step by step, how you did it.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic project, I love the embossed texture and pretty leaves. Thanks for the inspiration.

Peanut said...

OH wow!!! That's just gorgeous, Debbie. Bet these centrepieces made up for the orange chairs!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Wow Debbie. Really love this decoration project. Wish I had seen it for our Thanksgiving event that we had back at our church in October, but that was way ahead of you in the states. Lol. These are beautiful and a great idea for next year.

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the 'bag vases', very creative and very lovely!
hugs
Glenda

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

What a wonderful idea....chic and shabby...your church is so lucky to have you to do these wonderful things.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...