Thursday, April 17, 2014

Eat cake!! :)


Let's eat cake!!!!  Who doesn't love to eat cake, especially birthday cake??  I guess that would be my family!  Our "birthday cakes" are cinnamon rolls or cheesecake or S'mores Bars or French Silk Pie or German Chocolate Brownies or Oreo 'Lasagna'!!  Not very cake-ish, are we?  But that's what we usually have... my son is the only one who actually asks for a "normal" cake!

I've got a fun cake for you today!!   Doesn't this look like it would be yummy if it were real?


My cake features Cute Cake from Doodle Pantry.  FYI, this set is FREE with purchase until April 24!!!   So check your DP wishlist, buy a set, and get this set FREE!! :)


I kept my card pretty simple.   I printed the colored banner and cake, cut it to size, embossed with Cuttlebug "With Gratitude" EF, scored on both sides of the sentiment banner, fussy cut another cake, and popped it up with Scotch permanent mounting tape.  (That stuff is really neat... it gives dimension, but it quite thin so that card is not too bulky.)

Challenges...
Wags 'n Whiskers #126 - CAS
Fab 'n Funky #212 - Flower Power
My Craft Spot #133 - tags and/or banners
DL.ART April Linky Challenge - anything goes
Little Scrap Pieces Show It Off Saturday Linky Party


Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!!



14 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my gosh, what an outstanding layout and design. Love everything, especially how you embossed the background and added the sentiment to the top!

Joanna M. said...

Love that embossing folder! Such a pretty, pretty card! My husband's family used to have watermelons frosted with whipped cream for their b-day! I'm with your son tho ... bring on the REAL cake!

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is beautiful, Debbie. I love the embossing and that fun image.
Hugs,
Teresa

Annie S. said...

The embossing is PERFECT on this darling card. I also like how you added the banner at the top! Great layout!

CarlaKH said...

what a great card and use of this set! Love it!

Jessi Fogan said...

ALL the delicious yummy things :) I love this set - the banner is so fun, and so is that cake!

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card...love the embossing and what a yummy cake! Fabulous birthday card!
Thanks for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Such a super card, Debbie! I love that banner and that fabulous cake! It does look like it would be delicious! Love that embossing too!

I do hope that all is well with you and yours and that you had a lovely Easter together.

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Gwen said...

This is so pretty! The background is a nice touch! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot. Hope to see you next week!

Gwen

http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

rockpapercricut said...

Such a lovely card! I always love the texture dry embossing gives a project and it looks so pretty on your card. The banner looks great! Thanks for joining in the fun at My Craft Spot! :)

Ally

meine-bastelarena said...

Hi Debbie, love how you used the image. The embossed background looks so fabulous, too. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab´n´Funky Challenges. Hugs, Sujin

Glenda Atkins said...

ooooh what a terrific take on the Bday cake, love your embossed background and the eat cake sentiment!
hugs
Glenda

Dawn Frost said...

Oh Debbie I love how you did the background! Love the banner and the cake, very nice!

Lola said...

I love the "simplicity" of the layout and your banner matches perfectly. What a great card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...