Hi! It is time for another challenge at Cardz 4 Galz! Our theme for this challenge is a word inspiration - "rainbow." Here's my rainbow background...
I created this background with my TH distress oxide inks... barn door, ripe persimmon, mowed lawn, mustard seed, stormy sky, and dusty concord. I wiped a strip of each color on my glass mat, then spritzed it all with water, mixed it gently with a paint brush, then laid my water color paper on it. I dried it with my heat gun, then stamped my images and sentiment with Raisin Boat Oops A Daisy and --very important-- left it in my MISTI. I was inspired by this technique from Sasha Reade, so I then colored the flowers with a white acrylic paint pen which is opaque. After that dried, I restamped the flowers. That's why it's important to leave it in the MISTI.
I love the look of this technique, so now I need to get more colors of acrylic paint pens!! Be sure to check out Sasha's video.
We'd love to have you come play along at Cardz 4 Galz!
Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!

No comments:
Post a Comment