Monday, February 28, 2011

Another Christmas card - jingle belles

Making Christmas cards in February is kind of fun.  Not being under pressure to get them done is nice!  :D

The jingle belles prompt for this week is "text me."  That means use some paper or have a text on your card somewhere.  I chose to use paper with a text... Merry Christmas!  Appropriate for a Christmas card, don't you think?  

I will probably make more like this using Coke paper that I have.  My hubby collects Coke memorabilia and I am addicted to really like diet Coke, so it would be cool.  I think the Coke ads with the bear are so cute! 



What I used:
~Tan cardstock cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" for card
~black linen texture cardstock
~'Merry Christmas' paper from DCWV Christmas holiday stack
~polar bear from Joys of the Season cut at 2 1/2" and shadowed - *Edit-  I obviously forgot to add the shadow!! Grr!
~scarf cut from DCWV glitter mat stack
~glitter glue to add some sparkle to the stars
~ribbon from my stash

Thanks for looking!!!

6 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love the idea of the coke-themed holiday card ... you're right, that bear is perfect ... but he also looks darn cute with that fabulous Merry Christmas paper ... so glad you're joining us on our jingle belles journey.

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh! your "text me" card is so appealing and so totally clever! i love that it's inspired by those cute coke ads with the polar bears, as well! this is just so much fun, love it! ♥

Just Me said...

Ohh sooo caute!! Love the bear!!

Donna said...

Love the card. It sure reminds me of the coke commercials. Cute! Come on over to my blog. I have an award for you.
Thanks for sharing

Rosemary said...

What a happy fun card! I would love to see more cards using the polar bear and Coke themed papers - that would be really cute!

Lorraine said...

Your polar bear is sweet. Love the background.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...