Saturday, February 26, 2011

Best friend St Patrick's Day card

I'm not Irish and we don't usually 'do' St. Patrick's Day, so when this week's Cricut Cardz challenge was to make a card without using a shamrock, I had no clue what to do.  But I like a challenge... pun intended!! ...so I found this quote and made this card for my best friend.  She is not Irish either... she was born in Dominica! :-)   She'll get a good laugh out of it even though it has a nice sentiment!





What I used:

~pre-made A2 green card
~Colorbok green and yellow paper
~friends cut from ACY at 2 1/2" and shadowed  

      (for the first time in forever, I cut without DS because the shadow 
          didn't fit when I cut in DS for some reason) *I figured it out... I had real size checked!)
~hat from ACY
~computer printed sentiment
~DCWV Summer stack 'rainbow' paper
~American Crafts ribbon
~Studio 18 rhinestones


Thanks for looking!!!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Adorable card! I just became a follower! Thanks for playing along with us at CCC!

Scrapper69 said...

What a cute card! And I'm sure your friend will really enjoy this card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cricut Cardz! :o)
Theresa DT

Anonymous said...

Great card and if you want to come to a candle decorating class tonight on u-stream ( it's free of course ) here is the invite:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197685693593599&ref=nf
Hope to see you there! ( just copy and paste the link )

Anita said...

Debbie, this card is just darling!! Great job!! Thanks for hanging out with us this week at Cricut cardz challenge!! Anita

mum of two said...

What a great St Patrick's card! I love the background paper you chose, and I am sure your friend will adore it. Thanks for playing with us this week at Cricut Cardz Challenge. Hope to see you back again soon :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

I just love what you did with this cart!!! The colors are great and those hats... they look like they are having so much fun, thanks for joining CCC.

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Too adorable. Love the colors...

Thanks for joining us @ CCC.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...