Monday, February 14, 2011

Cowgirl birthday invitations

My daughter LOVES horses so everything for her birthday party later this month has to be about horse.  We're planning a horse themed tea party.  We'll see how that goes!  Horses and tea parties are not usually in the same sentence! :D

We started with a cowgirl invitation.  The info is written on another body shape underneath.

What I used:
  • PDDU body cut at 5"
  • clothes from PDDU cowgirl... skirt, shirt, vest
  • clothes from PDDU cowboy... boots and hat (like it better than the girl's!)
  • hair from PDDU Indian boy... all her friends have long hair!
  • Bazzill cardstock for clothes
  • scraps for the rest
  • white gel pen
  • faces made after seeing this on YouTube (I need lots more practice!!)

A couple of weeks ago, I saw this tip on a blog and I can't remember where...
For avoiding that flat spot where you fold a shaped card, make a second shape, score the second shape then glue together at the top...  For my girl, the hair would have hidden it, but this is really great for rounded shapes!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...