Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Great is Thy Faithfulness - TMS #502

Happy Tuesday to you!  It's time for Tuesday Morning Sketches!

I'm thankful for the ability to pre-schedule posts... I'm on vacation!!! Woot! Woot!  We're on our way to FL for my daughter's college graduation, then we're spending a couple of weeks as a family riding roller coasters!  And we'll probably do some other fun stuff, too. ;) 

Anyway, here's my card...


I used Sweet n Sassy Stamps Hymn Block Clear Stamps for my sentiment. "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" is one of my favorite hymns!  I was singing it the whole time I was making my card.  It's cut out using CottageCutz Stitched Rectangles.  My butterflies are from a stamp and die set... Butterflies #3 from Sizzex/Hero Arts.  (I found that funny as I looked at the packaging after using them.  They are pretty old.  I don't know when the companies stopped associating with one another, but must have been awhile ago because the company that owns Sizzix in now suing Hero Arts, among others!! SMH!)  I stamped the butterflies with VersaColor Lapislazuli, Old Rose, and Laurel Leaf, clear heat embossed them, colored them with my Spectrum Noir markers, and cut them out using the coordinating dies in the set.  My BG is DCWV corrugated paper that I've had forever!  My sentiment is also stamped with Lapislazuli and clear heat embossed.  




This week we're playing with one of my sketches.  Sometimes, I sit at my computer and play around with shapes and elements to create the sketch and sometimes I look at a card I've previously made but not posted on my blog and "sketch" it, which is what I did this time.  Here's the sketch and then the card that inspired it...






The DP is Making Memories Pitter Patter.  (More paper which I've had forever!)  I cut the circles out of the paper.  My teddy bear is Doodle Pantry, I think.  Stamped my sentiment and tied some baker's twine, and it was all done.  

I was hoping to have time to make some more cards with this sketch.  I could see the circles being snowflakes for a Christmas card or flowers for just about any occasion, or even all elements stamped for a CAS one-layer card.  You could try one of these ideas and show me! :)


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to go check out the creations from the TMS DT...

Andrea

We'd love to have you play along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

6 comments:

Eva Laney said...

What a lovely card! Beautiful sentiment and butterflies and I love the corrugated paper background. Your second inspiration card is so adorable! Thanks for the fun sketch, I hope to be able to play along again this week. Have loads of fun on your vacation.
Crafty hugs, Eva Scraps

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your cards are beautiful! Enjoy your vacation!

Patti said...

I love both your cards Debbie. Now I have that song going through my mind, one of the most wonderful to have stuck in our head and heart right?? Hope your vacay was/is safe and that you have a ton of fun!

Andrea W said...

Hope you're having a wonderful vacation! The butterflies on your card are very pretty and accent your sentiment beautifully.

Melissa Craig said...

Both cards are absolutely beautiful Debbie. I love that corrugated paper, it gives this card so much texture and is great with the butterflies. The second card is so sweet - it reminds me of Button Bear, the staple stamp set of Stampin' Up! 20 years ago.

Lori said...

This card is beautiful! I love every single thing about it and you are right - this sketch has so many possibilities!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...