Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Anne with an "E"


If you are an Anne of Green Gables fan, you understood my title immediately.  I cannot tell you how many times I read the Anne books.  I love them!!  I have almost all of L.M. Montgomery's books.  I was such a fan of the books that when the movie came out in the early 80's, I HATED it because it was not enough like the books.  I did learn to love watching the movies, but it took me awhile to get over all the "wrong" things in them. The book is always better, don't you think?

My Anne card has been awhile in the making.  Life has been so busy that I've not had a lot of time to make just for fun, but I did with this one.  I've wanted this "Anne of Green Gables" stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie for looooong time and finally just ordered it a couple of months ago.  I printed the image and it sat.  I colored it and it sat, and finally just finished it.  I'm going to make a few more cards with this image for my sisters, my niece, and a few friends.  Last month, we all went to see "Anne of Green Gables The Musical" in Charlottetown.  It was so awesome!!  I had seen it when I was a girl, and other than some new staging and props, it's just the same as it was then.  That's really neat since this year is the 50th year of this musical!!   (It was NOT 50 yrs ago that I saw it!!!!)

Enough chatter, here's the card...


Challenges...
Kraftin' Kimmie Wonderful Wednesday - anything goes (my image is KK!!)
Pile It On #41 - Use 2 or more dies (2 sizes of A2 Matting Basics A)
613 Avenue Create #93 - Anything goes w/ optional CAS (I went with AG)
Crafting From the Heart #40 - Anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door Oct 14-20 - anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #154 - Anything goes w/ encouraging or uplifting sentiment

Thanks for stopping by!  If you're interested, here are a few pics from our day in PEI...


 Sea Cow Head Lighthouse - the inspiration for Gus's lighthouse in Road to Avonlea.  
Below is the shore by this light.


DELICIOUS lunch!  Donairs and donair pizza from Greco!
"There's no other like a Greco donair!" (Am I showing my age by that jingle?)


I have a couple of red headed girls who could play Anne!!


Green Gables


Fun playing in the gulf!


Dalvay by the Sea - the White Sands Hotel in Road to Avonlea


I got to meet Sir John A MacDonald!!!


The pinnacle of our day...  sooooo awesome!!


Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!!

7 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

I love that image - Anne waiting at the station, holding her carpet bag while waiting for Matthew Cuthbert to pick her up.

I didn't know which lighthouse was used in Road to Avonlea and I have never eaten a Greco's donair. I've had their pizza though. Another BIG I've never done is I have never seen the Anne of Green Gables musical. I've seen Anne & Gilbert, though and it was great.

So glad you enjoyed our little island. I hope you get to visit again sometime.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

PS - Fabulous card! :)

Tracy Penney said...

I just adore Anne with an "E" the book, movie and the darling Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp. Your card is gorgeous. I really love the colours you used. Thanks for playing along with this week's Wonderful Wednesday Challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.

Jennifer said...

How very wonderful to be able to take that trip! Would love to have joined you. :)
Your card is so pretty! I think you got her hair perfect!

Miss NiceRoad said...

very cute! Thanks for entering a challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie stamps :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I'm also a huge fan of Anne of Green Gables and all the LMM books. Loved your version of Anne with an "e" in this lovely card. Thanks for propping it against our front door at 613 Avenue Create!

Cara said...

I read those books as a child myself but never saw the movies! Love your card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again! (Hugs) Cara

Deborah said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! The layout is perfect!
Thank you for joining our Wonderful Wednesday at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...