Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Annual anything goes - TMS #484

Happy Tuesday to you!  It's time for Tuesday Morning Sketches!  This is our last challenge for 2018 and it's our Annual Anything Goes!   

Here's my project...




In case you can't read it...
Bless
the food before us,
the family
beside us, &
the love between us.
~Amen

You might be wondering why I did vinyl on a tile for a card sketch challenge.  Like I said, it's anything goes!  But there was a thought process for it... when I first started paper crafting, I did mostly scrapbooking.  A friend bought me the original small Cricut.  I loved it!!  I then got myself an Expression.  Still using it!  I started making a few cards, began to play in some challenges, and got hooked!  Most of my early cards have a Cricut cut or sentiment on them.  I branched out into stamping and embossing and dies, so my Cricut sits sad and alone most days.  BUT I do love to make vinyl sayings for walls, t-shirts, and tiles and that is basically all I do on my Cricut E now.  All that rambling to tell you how I came about to making a vinyled tile for this challenge... going back to my Cricut roots.  :)  

I've seen this saying many places, so I don't believe I'm plagiarizing by using it.  I used fonts I have on my computer and cut the words to fit this 12x12 ceramic tile. I love the wooden look to it!!  (I'd have flipped it if I'd noticed the dark spot where the lower words are, but it is actually not as noticeable IRL.)  

This challenge will run for 2 weeks, so you have until Sunday, Dec 30 at 8 PM EST to play along.  Then we're taking a week off and will be back up and running on Jan 8. 

I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!! 

See you in the new year!! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to go check out the creations from the TMS DT...



We'd love to have you play along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

3 comments:

PJ said...

This is super lovely. You did a fantastic job. I don't know anything about the Cricut E or for that matter the vinyl used to create such lovely art. BUT goodness gracious I'm very intrigued with it all. Merry Christmas.

Andrea W said...

Such a wonderful project and it would make a great gift. My Cricut doesn't see as much action these days either, but I have used it a lot the last couple of weeks. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Melissa Craig said...

I am so glad you went back to your roots because this is gorgeous! I love playing with vinyl and I don't do it near enough. This tile is so cool looking - I didn't know it was tile until you said so.

I hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...