Saturday, March 5, 2011

"Nuts about reading" bookmark

At our house, we really do love to read!!  My mother makes embroidered bookmarks for my kids, so I usually leave that to her, but this week over at Cricut Cardz the challenge is to make a bookmark.  I found a quote that I like and agree with but it was a little too much unless I computer generated it.  Maybe next time.  
“If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ~Oscar Wilde



It is a rounded rectangle from GBS welded to the squirrel shadow from Winter Woodland for the base.  I cut the shadow again in dark brown.  Cut the squirrel body in the light color.   A patterned paper rounded rectangle from GBS.  "nuts" is cut at 1" from Alphalicious.  "About reading" done with an alphabet stamp set.  (My 'u' is a little too tipsy!)  Accented by criss-crossing the "I".  Outlined 'nuts' since the colors were so close.

Thanks for looking!!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Very cute, sentiment is just perfect! Thanks so much for joining CCC.

Jeri said...

Really cute. I love the design and the sentiment to go along with the squirrel. Thanks for playing with us at CCC.

Anita said...

I love this----adorable.I am a follower now---if you have time please visit my blog http://anitaandbugs.blogspot.com.
Hugs and Happy crafting, Anita

Anita said...

what a cute bookmarker! Thanks for hanging out with us this week at Cricut Cardz Challenge! Anita

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...