Saturday, March 5, 2011

"Thank You" card

When I made my first card a few years ago, it took me hours, literally!!!  It doesn't take near that long now, but I will have to admit that doing challenges and following sketches helps so much!!

This card follows the sketch from Stamping 411 for this week.  I love looking at all the cards from the DT and submitters to see how differently we all end up from the same sketch! 


What I used:
~ Cricut white cardstock to make the 5x5 card
~ Bazzill bling for the blue shadows
~ Patterned paper from DCWV Blossoms and Butterflies
~ Fiskars 'thank you' stamp - SU soft sky ink
~ Scalloped circles made in MTC to match the numbers of scallops in my stamp
~ Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Floral Fantasy embossing folders on the white
~ Ribbon and brads from my stash

Thanks for stopping by!!

8 comments:

Carole Stedman said...

This is so pretty. Love all the white and embossing.

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Lot's of detail and snippets of color. Love it.

Selene Kempton said...

i love all the details and the mixture of embossed patterns! So cute!

Kerin said...

Your center image is so pretty, and especially on that gorgeous texture! Great job with the sketch!

Patti Chesky said...

Love your mix of textures....it's stunning!

Unknown said...

This is so soft and pretty!!

Connie Babbert said...

Beautiful textures...so pretty!

Tina~in_ut said...

Very cute card~

Tina~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...