Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Dad - the man, the myth, the legend - TMS #613

 Happy Tuesday to you!  It's time for Tuesday Morning Sketches!  Here is this week's card...

I had a plan for this card, but when I got to my craft table, another thought came to me, so I tried it, and this is the result.  I am not a mixed media or watercolor person, nor do I try a lot of special techniques, but when I saw my square TH distress "stormy sky" ink pad, I wondered if I could make the squares of the sketch with it.  I just stamped the whole pad on my card base.  It worked.  So then I needed another.  I used my Hero Arts Navy cube.  It's tiny, so I had to make the square.  I like the non-perfection of it all.   My sentiment is The Project Bin Classic Man.  I like this because the inside could say happy birthday, happy father's day, or any other congratulatory message.  The sentiment and frame are cut using Spellbinders Standard Squares. 

If I try my other idea, I'll be sure to share it, too.  :)

Here's our sketch...


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to go check out the creations from the TMS DT... 

Debi  


We'd love to have you play along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

7 comments:

Andrea W said...

Using your ink pads was a wonderful idea for the sketch and your card turned our terrific.

R's Rue said...

I love this card. It’s just perfect. Great job. Well done. Have a beautiful day full of hope, joy and love.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Debi said...

Wow! Did you make this sketch look easy! Fabulous idea. Great card!
Hugs, Debi

Patti said...

What a great idea using your ink pads-I wish I thought of it!!!

Melissa Craig said...

Your card is genius! I never would have thought of using my ink pads and it's such a fabulous idea. I'd also never guess that you weren't a mixed media or watercolor artist. I see these techniques used in those techniques all the time.

Margreet said...

Very cool take on the sketch, Debbie.
Thanks for your kind words and I will play with you as often as possible!
xxx Margreet

Cindy Groh said...

I love your card. Such a great use of the sketch. I wish I had stamps to mimic your card. So cool.