Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Merry Christmas - TMS #680

 Happy Tuesday to you!  It's time for Tuesday Morning Sketches!  I'm still working on Christmas cards...


I started by cutting the main panel from DCWV Glitter Mat Stack.  I cut the white circle and embossed it with CB Swiss Dots. The poinsettia is Darice Poinsettia.  (I will leave the die cuts in the die and run through with an embossing mat next time so the embossing will be more prominent.)  I cut one layer of the flower from green and used that as the leaves.  (I don't remember who I saw do this, but it's a great idea!  So much easier than cutting individual leaves!)  The flourish is Darice Swirl Vine.  The sentiment is Sweet n Sassy Christmas Tags and heat embossed.  It's cut out with Kat Scrappiness Stitched Fishtail Banner. 

Here's our sketch...


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to go check out the creations from the TMS DT... 

Debi  


We'd love to have you play along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

6 comments:

Patti said...

This is very elegant!! I love the embossing on the petals and your classy colors + that flourish die so much! You say “still” working on Christmas cards like you should be done already? HAHAHAHAHAHa I haven’t even started….uh oh!!

Donna W. said...

That is a spectacular poinsettia. Love all the different textures.

Raechelle Bellus said...

this is gorgeous!!! So rich and elegant!

Debi said...

So pretty! I think the embossing shows up well. And thanks for the tip for making the leaves. Hugs, Debi

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful, dimensional poinsettia! I love the glittery background, too.

Tammy L said...

I just find this so striking. I love just that little bit of green in there. Really great card.