Thursday, June 13, 2024

My happy place - C4G #227

 It's time for a new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz!  Our theme is "summer fun" for this challenge and my mind immediately went to this camper die.  

For me, summer fun meant we went to the lake.  My grandparents had a small cottage on a lake, and five of my aunts and uncles (so that meant cousins!) had cottages in a row.  My grandparents' cottage wasn't big enough to house them plus all 6 of our family, so we kids slept in the camper.   We spent our summers swimming, boating, water skiing, and having fun with sleepovers in the camper. It's my favorite place in all the world!!  (We had a pink Shasta, so I had to color it this way.)  When my grandparents passed away, they left to cottage to my mother, so we continued to spend wonderful summer days there.  Sadly, several years ago, the lake rose well above flood stage, and the cottage was destroyed.  My parents now have a different camper there, and some of my grown family and I will be there next month!  Can't wait!!!  (Below I added a pic of my kids on the dock at sunset several years ago.) 


I used Sunny Studio Happy Camper dies and sentiment, Pebbles Woodland Forest DP, Sizzix Cloudy Day EF, Poppystamps Stitched Landscapes, and Simon Says Stamp Tiny Tags. 

Please come play along at Cardz 4 Galz and show us what you do for summer fun! 

Here's my happy place...


Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day! 

No comments: