Thursday, February 8, 2024

Faker shaker card - C4G #218

Hi!  It's time for another challenge at Cardz 4 Galz!  This time our theme is "'sequins"!  I have to admit that I am not a hug fan of sequins and glitter (I prefer just shimmer), so this was a challenge for me.  Then I remembered a YouTube video I'd watched recently on faker shaker cards and realized I could do that...




I make a top folding card out of pink cardstock.  I stenciled the flowers on white cardstock with Altenew Sweet Spring Stencil using Catherine Pooler Be Mine and Rockin' Red.  Here's where the "fake" part comes in.  I trimmed the stenciled panel and slid it into a card protector.  It was the perfect size to fit across the bottom.  I then poured in some FSJ Journey Sequins and FJS Star-fetti.  Then trimmed it leaving enough to fold over and secure.  The frame was cut large enough to cover/hide the edge and leave room to adhere it to the card.  "happy" is from an old word die set that I lost the packaging to a loooong time ago. "Birthday" is from Poppystamps Marzipan Greetings. 

This was fun and much simpler than the "traditional" shaker card!  Here's a link to the video I watched...   Faker Shaker Cards

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!  Be sure to come play along at Cardz 4 Galz

1 comment:

Melissa Craig said...

This is so pretty! I love that frame for your shaker element. So pretty.