Monday, January 28, 2019

Birthday "handy man"

My husband is the best DIY-er and can fix just about anything, but I like this cute little handy man!  This is another of the images I colored last week while trying to keep warm. :)


I'm not very good at coloring, so usually avoid images with larger areas like this teddy's head.  Copics are just not in my budget and I do love my Spectrum Noir markers, but if they're not really wet, I find it hard to consistently blend them well.  I recently watched a video on tip to tip coloring.  Oh. My. Goodness.  What a difference it makes!   ((Never mind that I pinned it so long ago that I don't remember pinning it!!!! Duh!))  You can check it out HERE, but the basic idea is rubbing together the tips of a dark and a light marker.  As you color, it begins dark and gently fades lighter.  
I know my image does not even begin to compare to the amazing coloring so many of you do, but I was happy with this!  

My image is DIY Ted from Di's Digi Stamps.  It's colored with my Spectrum Noir markers and cut out with Cheapo Dies unbranded pierced circles and Spellbinders Standard Circles.  The sentiment is Sweet n Sassy Stamps Pennant Party.  It's cut out with Spellbinders Lacey Pennants.  The paper is scraps.  The gray piece is embossed with Darice Diamond Plate EF.  The adhesive dots are from the Paper Studio. 


Challenges...
Di's Digis Challenge - emboss it (I dry embossed)
Cute Card Thursday #566 - critters
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge week 3 - anything goes w/ coloring
Crazy 4 Challenges C4C468 - celebrate (birthday)


Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!!

3 comments:

Andrea W said...

Your coloring looks terrific and I love your choice of papers. Cute card!

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a pretty card you have made. It fits the Colour Crazy Challenge this week. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Colour Crazy Challenge Design Team Member).

Wendy said...

Fabulous super cute card, great colouring and embossing.....Thanks for joining us at Di’s digi Challenge and using one of Di’s images:)
Wendy xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...