Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Thanks snow much - TMS #485

Happy Tuesday to you!  It's time for Tuesday Morning Sketches and we're back with our first challenge of 2019.  

We always start the year revisiting the team's favorite sketches of the previous year, but we'll start that next week.  

Just after Christmas, we were saddened to hear that Jessi Fogan, who was a wonderful and greatly loved former member of our DT, had passed away.  My thoughts and prayers are with her husband and boys! 

We want to remember and honor her, and so this week's sketch is one of Jessi's sketches.  

Here's my card...





Challenges...
Pattie's Creations #154 - snowy days/nights
Shopping Our Stash #385 - winter blues 
Make My Monday #87 - use words or sentiment


I need a few thank yous for Christmas gifts and had a few of this image and sentiment already printed.  When getting this image out to use, I saw another that was great and reminded me that Jessi loved to make cards with fun critters, so I made this one, as well...



Both of my images are pre-colored Doodle Pantry images.  My DP is DCWV Playful Pets.  The birthday sentiment is from Bo Bunny Sentiments Stamps. I embossed the blue plaid of the first card with CB Swiss Dots.  

Here's Jessi's sketch...




Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to go check out the creations from the TMS DT...

Andrea

We'd love to have you play along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

13 comments:

Kathy said...

a lovely way to honor your friend's memory...I love a paper layering sketch!
Your's is very cute and fun looking. Such a pretty card!

Mimi said...

Very sweet post. I only barely knew Jessi, and the news is sad. Thanks for sharing these with us at Shopping Our Stash (where Jessi was also a DT member). I love the way you embossed dots (snow!) on the plaid paper.

Wei said...

How sweet you are! Wonderful set of the cards and great use of the layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

What a wonderful and sweet way to honor Jessi's memory.
The sketch is fabulous and your card totally takes advantage of it.
Love the beautiful pattern papers, your sweet image is simply adorable.
Thank you for playing with SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you can join us next time.
XO

Andrea W said...

Both cards are really cute! I love the critter images and fun plaid papers.

Lori said...

Both of your cards are super cute! I love the embossed plaid paper on your first card. I would have never thought to emboss on a patterned paper. I may have to give this a try!

Patti said...

All of the above lol, these are adorable! I LOVE the projects you shared on your next post so much also!!

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Debbie, this is such a sweet image and I love the papers you used. The texture is a fabulous addition.

Donna said...

A lovely tribute to Jessi to use one of her sketches.
Thanks for chasing away the "Winter Blues" with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

Melissa Craig said...

Both cards are amazing! I love the pre-colored images from Doodle Pantry and I also like that you emboss patterned paper. I never think of that and it's a great look.

Basslady said...

wonderful cards!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi xoxo

Pattie G said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.
Hugs
Pattie
Artist and Owner

Vic said...

Such a cute card...and a lovely tribute to your friend and d.t mate. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us this month, at Patties Creations! (Vic, D.T )x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...